Friday 29 April 2016

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Yesterday during nap time my baby Joselyn was awake when I went to check on her. She needed a diaper change so I took her into the toddler change area. While there I heard some children who had awoken from their nap singing in the adjacent room. As I listened I heard a familiar tune but couldn't make out the words. The singing was beautiful and full of joy. They sounded like a choir.  A lady named Grace walked by and I commented on the 'choir'. She agreed. Suddenly there was only one child singing and I turned my head to see a boy sitting in the middle of his crib clapping and singing these words "What a Mighty God We Serve". It was like he was the choir director and then some of the others joined in. I asked a volunteer what the boy's name is and he said "that's Rodney". 

Thank you Rodney for making my heart smile and for reminding us that the God that we serve IS mighty and in control.

Wish I could have recorded "the choir" but my hands were busy.

2 comments:

  1. What an uplifting moment!! I think God knew you needed that! We do serve a mighty God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, so glad to read your post. We all feel like we are there with you, with the updates you have been posting!

    ReplyDelete