Tuesday 24 April 2018

Baby Darius

This morning we discovered that a new baby had arrived at Sanyu last night. We don’t know the circumstances that brought Darius here but we know he is now safe in the care Sanyu Babies’ Home. Please pray for Baby Darius as he is sick and requires IV antibiotics which are administered by the two nurses on staff.
Today, in a light rain, I walked with Nurse Caroline to the local hospital with Darius to have some blood tests and get some oral medication. Though little is known about him, the midwife who saw him was gathering as much information as she could. When it came to his age, Nurse Caroline provided an estimate of 3 months. The midwife then turned to me and asked me to “assign” him a date of birth. It was a unique and sad privilege but Darius now has my Dad’s birthday - January 20th.
The walk back was very wet so I covered Caroline and Darius with a rain poncho I’d stuffed in my purse for the messy and slippery return trip.
Welcome to Sanyu, Darius! You’ll be well loved and cared for here.

2 comments:

  1. A very special little boy. Praying his health will improve. He is in good hands and God is watching over him. BLDC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather Goodwin24 April 2018 at 21:27

    My heart has been so moved by the story of this dear, sweet little boy. Though his "beginnings" are unclear his life forward is beginning at a Home where love and care are of utmost importance. God has a plan for him and you are a part of it my friend. May God bless you little Darius and make you a great Man of God and use you even as He did King Darius in Daniel's time. You are loved and chosen. "Thank you Heavenly Father for putting this sweet boy in this loving Home of Sanyu. Make him well and bless his life. Amen."

    ReplyDelete